Found in 545 Collections and/or Records:
Edward Cecil "Ned" Barrett was for many years the only business officer of the California Institute of Technology and of its forerunner institution, Throop University/Polytechnic Institute. The collection contains historical and administrative documents relating to the early years of Caltech and Throop, as well as correspondence of Caltech's founders and early leaders, including A. A. Noyes, James A. B. Scherer, Arthur Fleming, George Ellery Hale, and Robert A. Millikan.
Harry Bateman was a mathematical physicist and professor of physics, mathematics and aeronautics at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech, originally Throop College), 1917-1946. The collection includes his manuscripts on binomial coefficients, notes on integrals and related material (much of which was later published by Arthur Erdélyi); and a small amount of personal correspondence. Also included are teaching materials and reprints.
Eric Temple Bell was professor mathematics at Caltech from 1926 to 1953. He was a specialist in the theory of numbers. He also distinguished himself as a writer of science fiction under the name of John Taine, and also as the author of non-fiction and poetry. His papers include literary and scientific manuscripts; correspondence, largely with publishers; and some reprints of his own scientific publications.
The papers of James Frederick Bonner (1910 – 1996), Caltech alumnus (PhD, 1934) and professor of biology, 1938-1981. His papers include a large correspondence section with colleagues and organizations worldwide, as well as writings and talks, papers about his consultancy activities, scientific and technical files and biographical material.
The Henry Borsook papers consist of correspondence, manuscripts, and notes from his time as professor of biochemistry.
California Graduate School of Design and California Institute of Technology Industrial Design Section Records
The California Graduate School of Design (1937-41) and the California Institute of Technology Industrial Design Section (1941-49) papers contain student files, correspondence, and documents regarding the formation and operation of the two schools.