Showing Collection Guides: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Seymour Benzer (1921-2007) first came to Caltech in 1949. He held the James G. Boswell Professorship of Neuroscience from 1975 to 1993. A selection of his correspondence, research notes, technical files, reprints, manuscripts and writings form the collection known as the Seymour Benzer Papers in the Archives of the California Institute of Technology. Benzer was awarded the Crafoord Prize in 1993 for his pioneering genetical and neuropsychological studies on behavioral mutants in the fruit fly,...
Dates: 1942-2007; bulk 1950-2000
Overview The papers of James Frederick Bonner (1910 – 1996), Caltech alumnus (PhD, 1934) and professor of biology, 1938-1981. His papers include a large correspondence section with colleagues and organizations worldwide, as well as writings and talks, papers about his consultancy activities, scientific and technical files and biographical material.
Overview This collection encompasses most of Delbrück's lifetime and chronicles his role in the development of molecular biology. The bulk of the materials date from the time of his immigration to the U.S. in 1946. They include personal and professional correspondence, lectures, manuscripts, and biographical material. These materials relate to topics such as his immigration as a German scientist during the early years of World War II; biophysics; his work with the Phage Information Service; his teaching...
Overview The working papers, correspondence, manuscripts, and lectures of Norman Harold Horowitz form the collection known as the Papers of Norman Horowitz in the Archives of the California Institute of Technology. Horowitz was professor of biology at Caltech, and a pioneer in the fields of exobiology and biochemical genetics.
- Subject: Biologists X
- Benzer, Seymour (Biologist, Neuroscientist) 2
- Delbrück, Max (Biologist, Nobel Laureate) 2
- Watson, James D., 1928- 2
- Bohr, Niels (Niels Henrik David), 1885-1962 1
- Bonner, James F., 1910-1996 (Molecular Biologist) 1
- Crick, Francis, 1916-2004 1
- Einstein, Albert, 1879-1955 1
- Ellis, Emory L. (Biochemist) 1
- Heisenberg, Werner, 1901-1976 1
- Hershey, A. D. (Alfred Day), 1908-1997 1
- Horowitz, Norman H. (Norman Harold), 1915-2005 (Biologist) 1
- Levi-Montalcini, Rita 1
- Luria, S. E. (Salvador Edward), 1912-1991 1 ∧ less