Fredrik Zachariasen Papers
The working papers, correspondence, publications, and biographical material of physicist Fredrik Zachariasen form the collection known as the Fredrik Zachariasen Papers in the Archives of the California Institute of Technology (Caltech). Zachariasen specialized in theoretical physics, focusing on the interactions of elementary particles at high energies. He was an active member of the JASON defense advisory group, which was organized in 1960 to work on problems of national security.
- Zachariasen, Fredrik, 1931-1999 (Person)
Language of Materials
The collection is open for research. Researchers must apply in writing for access.
Copyright may not have been assigned to the California Institute of Technology Archives. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Caltech Archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the California Institute of Technology Archives as the owner of the physical items and, unless explicitly stated otherwise, is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.
8.5 linear feet (20 boxes)
Archives, California Institute of Technology.
- Manuscript Collection Subject Source: Local sources
- Physicists Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Theoretical physics Subject Source: Local sources
- Finding Aid for the Fredrik Zachariasen Papers, 1948-1999
- Processed by Nurit Lifshitz.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the California Institute of Technology Archives and Special Collections Repository
1200 East California Blvd.
Pasadena California 91125 United States of America