Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Existence: 19251013
Biographical / Historical
Scripps Institution of Oceanography is one of the oldest and largest centers for ocean and earth science research, public service, undergraduate and graduate training in the world. Founded in 1903 as the Marine Biological Association of San Diego, it changed its name to the Scripps Institution for Biological Research in 1912, and then to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in 1925. It has been part of the University of California, San Diego since 1960.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
This collection consists of correspondence written to and from W. C. Crandall regarding his government sponsored work along the Pacific coast, specifically the Southern California kelp beds and kelp harvesting for potash. Also includes the maps from Potash from Kelp Beds by Frank K. Cameron. The correspondence are arranged in chronological order.